We have a number of serving opportunities here at Arlington Woods! Even during the pandemic, when we are all practicing social distancing and limiting contacts, there are ways that you can be an active part of our church community and be a help and support to others! If you would like to serve in some way, but you're not sure how, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Creating audio CD's of services for people who do not have access to computers or the Internet: This person needs to be able to download audio services, create audio CD's, and mail them out to select people from our church. The church has a CD-burner and can provide supplies of blank CD's, envelopes and postage. Contact email@example.com.
2. Sound Technicians: We are looking for people who feel they have a "good ear" for hearing music levels and balance as well as a basic knowledge of technology to learn how to set up equipment and run the sound on a Sunday morning. This would require a few hours of training plus job shadowing. It would require being in-person for our services and wearing a mask. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Easy Worship Technician: Individuals who are interested in learning how to use our Easy Worship system. Easy Worship is how we order our services by uploading songs, sermons, videos, etc. on a Sunday morning and projecting them on the screen. A basic knowledge of Word and PowerPoint concepts are required. This will require step 1: running pre-created order, one hour training plus job shadowing. Followed by step 2: creating the deck (order from a blank template), another hour of training. It would require being in-person for our services and wearing a mask. Contact email@example.com.
4. VMix Technicians: This person(s) would be trained by our current VMix Producer, Nathaniel Harper, to run the production online for our weekly stream. Skills required: enjoy learning new concepts on computer and have proficient knowledge already. Have an interest in video production and/or photography: being able to create good lines and picture placements. No audio experience needed. This would begin as a position filled when Nathaniel is ill or away on holidays. It would require being in-person for our services and wearing a mask. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Journey to the Cross Kit Makers and Deliverers: Anyone interested in helping to put together activity boxes for families to participate in the "Journey to the Cross" at the end of March, 2021. Also we will need drivers who would be able to deliver the boxes to those who cannot pick them up at the church. "Journey to the Cross" is an at-home Easter experience for people in our church. Contact email@example.com.
6. Graphic Design: We're always looking for individuals who would like to create promo graphics, sermon series slides, or social media imagery. If you have an interest in graphic design and have a passion for developing creative materials that stand out and capture attention, we would love to hear from you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Website Updating: If you are handy with computers, we are looking for individuals who would like to keep the information on our website current. This would involve creating pages, creating online forms, and uploading and inserting graphics and imagery that we provide. Contact email@example.com.
1. Using your creativity to make a short kids’ moment video based on our weekly KIDZONE lessons: Kids, teens, and adults can be involved. A high quality webcam, phone or tablet is necessary for good video/audio quality. No video editing experience required and Christine Villeneuve or Pastor Ben can assist in giving you direction. This can be done at home without being in-person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. CATALYST Youth leaders: Requirements: Having a passion to see teens grow in their faith and make wise life choices; Be present at least twice a month in our weekly youth ministry (currently online over ZOOM); Be friendly, welcoming, and relational; Complete Plan to Protect training. Your specific involvement can be tailored to your specific ministry gifts, skills and interests. Contact email@example.com.
3. Sending birthday cards, cards, or craft kits to kids or teens: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Young Adults Leader: Requirements: Be a young adult yourself or feel called to minister to young adults. Attend our CONNECT: Young Adults ministry (currently happening online over ZOOM) on a regular basis. Prepare and lead a group devotional once every few months. Other involvement can be tailored to your specific ministry gifts, skills and interests. Contact email@example.com.
1. Providing a meal and dropping it off for the teen guests of Restoring Hope Youth Shelter. For details like and follow Restoring Hope on Facebook for a list of their needs and potential dates. https://www.facebook.com/restoringhopeministries
2. Providing supplies or hygiene items for Restoring Hope Youth Shelter. These could include medications, lip balms, toothbrushes and toothpaste and other items. For details like and follow Restoring Hope on Facebook for a list of their current needs. https://www.facebook.com/restoringhopeministries.
3. Ottawa Giving Project: Donate gently-worn winter clothing or hygiene items for people in need. Items can be dropped of at the Met (Fridays, 12-4pm) and Community Pentecostal Church (Wednesdays, 1-3 pm at the west doors)! For more information or for a list of hygiene items visit http://www.respondottawa.ca/givingproject/.
4. Build a Street Survival Kit for Ottawa Innercity Ministries (OIM): One kit would include a backpack, sleeping bag, socks, as well as hygiene and food items. This is a great project for a small group or for a family! Visit https://www.ottawainnercityministries.ca/donate for more information.
1. Wedding/baby shower: This could involve planning the schedule for the event, organizing games or activities, promoting the shower and inviting others, or being a host or a helper. Currently, showers are taking place over ZOOM during the pandemic. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Organizing a "meal train" or providing and dropping off meals: This is a ministry to help new parents, people who are grieving, or people recovering from surgery. Contact email@example.com.
3. Adopt a Senior: This is a great way for kids, teens, or families to encourage seniors who might feel isolated because of the pandemic. Simply connecting by sending an encouraging letter/cart/art craft as a way to show we care. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.