Family Christmas Celebration:
On Saturday, December 2nd, you're invited to join us for our Family Christmas Celebration! It's a night for children and adults of all ages featuring:
- A time to hear and reflect on the Christmas story
- Singing Christmas carols
- Arlington Woods kids performing several of their Jump Up worship songs
- Tree decorating (For an interactive portion of the evening, we're asking people to bring a Christmas ornament with them to decorate the tree. Ornaments can be left on the tree and picked up after Christmas. We'll have several ornaments on hand for people who can't bring their own.)
- A dessert social featuring coffee, tea, and goodies following the presentation
- A visual-arts display in our fellowship hall (Artists of ALL ages (including children!) are invited and encouraged to be part of the Visual Art Show that night. Art Show Registrations are available at the Welcome Centre and are due by November 19th. Drawing, photography, painting, textile art (quilting, embroidery, knitting, etc.) are all welcome. Artists are encouraged to embrace (but are not limited to) the Christmas or Winter theme.
Our Advent Series
Our weekly Advent series, "CHRISTMAS GIFTS", begins on Sunday, December 3rd at 10am. Join us each Sunday leading up to Christmas as we reflect on the significance of Christmas and sing carols each week. All of our Sunday services (with the exception of Christmas Eve- see below) include a fully-staffed nursery and a fun program for kids grades JK-6 featuring danceable music, video-based lessons with skits and animation, crafts, activities, and discussion. Click here to learn more about what you can expect on your first visit to Arlington Woods.
Christmas Eve at Arlington Woods
This year, Sunday falls on December 24th, so we have two services to offer at Arlington Woods. At 10-11:15am we'll have a morning family service and then at 6-7pm we'll have our Christmas Eve Candlelight service. Both of these services will be different, but will feature a Christmas message and carol singing. These will also both be family services (meaning that kids will remain with their families instead of going to their separate programs or to the nursery). We would love for you and your family to join us!