Covid-19 has meant a lot of changes for how we can teach and encourage your kids! Please use the below resources to help your kids learn from God's Word while at home! There are also some great resources on parenting your kids through a pandemic. God bless you!
VIDEO LESSONS FOR THIS WEEK:
Click the below image to be taken to Parent Cue's Youtube Channel! Every Sunday morning at 8am, they add the new videos for that week. On the channel, the videos for ELEMENTARY, and PRE-TEENS (older elementary) follows our curriculum, so your child should at least try watching one of these. If you have preschool children, there are PRESCHOOLER videos available as well, but they don't always follow the same lesson plan. They will still be super fun to watch for your kids though!
For video content from previous weeks, visit STUDIO 252 to watch the animated stories, the So & So Show and more.
Kids can also watch older episodes of just the So & So Show on Youtube!
JUMP UP WORSHIP PLAYLIST ON SPOTIFY:
CLICK HERE for our Jump Up Worship playlist on Spotify that's full of great kids worship songs!
KIDS DEVOTIONAL/BIBLE RESOURCES:
Want to help your kids dig into God's Word daily? Below are some helpful tools, apps, or books that we recommend you check out:
- KEYS FOR KIDS- This daily kids devotional is available as an app or online (also the booklets can be sent to your child in the mail) and includes an audio storyteller! A good tip is to read the daily Bible passage as a family, play the audio story together, and then take the time to pray about it as a family! For ages 6-11
- BIBLE APP FOR KIDS- This a hit with little ones! Kids can practice reading or they can listen to the Bible story and there are also fun games and activities for them. For ages 3-7
- ONE YEAR DEVOTIONAL FOR PRESCHOOLERS (click here for example pages) For ages 2-4
- MY FIRST HANDS ON BIBLE (great for preschoolers or JK-SK, click here for example pages) For ages 3-7
- ACTION BIBLE- This comic book adaption of major Bible stories is great for older kids due to more violent depictions. (click here for Youtube trailer) For ages 8+
- MANGA BIBLE SERIES- These Japanese-style graphic novels are great for older kids. For ages 8+
PARENTING HELP DURING COVID-19:
3. Anxiety Conversation Guides: Helping a child with anxiety is a challenge. Parents can download these age-appropriate resources to find tips and practical ways to help their children.
Arlington Woods Parents Blog:
Our Arlington Wood Parents Blog started with Pastor Ben posting summaries of his CATALYST Youth messages along with discussion questions so that parents could be a part of the learning/growing process. It has since changed to include helpful tips and resources for all parents of children and teens at Arlington Woods. Enter your email at the top right of the blog to subscribe and you'll never miss a post!