After 14 years of blessed leadership, our Lead Pastor is retiring. We seek a new leader to continue guiding our church community with spiritual dedication. Grounded by the prayers of our church family, and informed by the qualifications of Overseers found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, here are qualities that we are seeking:
- Makes prayer and intercession a priority
- Is well respected in the community
- Is self-controlled
- Has a biblically healthy family life
- Has been a Christ follower for many years
- Leads a peaceful and quiet life
- Serves and loves like Jesus
- Believes the Apostle’s Creed
- Joyfully participates in hospitality
- Spends time studying God’s word and enjoys teaching its truths
- Desires and feels called by God to shepherd our congregation
- Although the Scriptures hold high standards for leaders, we acknowledge that we are all works in progress and are striving to the standard Christ sets for us.
Application Deadline is Feb 27th.
We are hiring an intern at Arlington Woods Church for the summer of 2024.
The intern position will involve:
- organizing, planning and helping to run a week-long summer VBS camp for kids (taking place August 12-16)
- being involved in worship and/or production for Sunday services
- assisting in church and community engagement projects
- serving in our White Pine Café
- helping prepare and lead kids groups and activities
- helping with office administration
- serving alongside our pastoral care team
- various other church ministry tasks that are suitable to the applicant’s interests and abilities.
Who Can Apply:
This position is available to individuals ages 15-30 as a part of the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. This position is paid for through the CSJ initiative to help give young people experience working in roles that might not otherwise be available to them. Applicants must have Canadian Citizenship, be a permanent resident, or have been granted refugee status in Canada.
Duration/Hours of Work/Compensation:
Once we receive approval for the job (usually in April) we will be able to give specific information about the length of this position. The position is potentially 8-16 weeks of employment, 30 hours/week at a rate of $17.55/hour.
CLICK HERE to download the complete job description.
For more information, contact Pastor Ben Spears at firstname.lastname@example.org.