Arlington Woods Church Summer Internship (Paid) (see below for details and to download the job description).
Arlington Woods Church Summer Internship
This position is open to all youth ages 15-30 as a part of the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) funding initiative. This position is paid for through the CSJ initiative to help give students experience working in roles that might not otherwise be available to them. The position is $15/hour, 30 hours/week for 9 weeks from June 18-August 20 (flexible based on our needs and intern's availability).
The Summer Intern will prepare and assist the running of summer events and activities for children, youth, and families as well as to assist with administrative tasks in the office. In this role, the Assistant will have a chance to develop leadership skills and be mentored by the Family Ministries Pastor and other church leadership. If the student is a Bible College or Seminary student, there would also be opportunities available for preaching, planning, and leading several services in addition to the responsibilities listed below. There would also be opportunities to assist with community sports programs or other community endeavors.
• Assist Family Ministries Pastor in the running of activities for children including: set-up, planning and implementing activities, organizing materials and supplies
• Serve on Sunday mornings by teaching children, leading children in group discussions, and providing supervision for children during our morning kids ministry (KIDZONE)
• Provide direction and support to KIDZONE volunteers (collecting supplies, assisting with children, answering questions)
• Assist Office staff in producing and folding church bulletins, answering the phone, taking messages and other administrative tasks.
• Assist with other tasks as needed (for example- custodial duties- particularly during the period when our custodian is away).
• Potential to help with painting/re-modelling kids ministry area
• Potential for the student to have opportunities alongside our Pastoral Care team (for example: visitation) and assisting the Trend-Arlington Community Association with some of their community projects over the summer as well.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Arlington Woods Free Methodist Church, Attention: Pastor Ben Spears, 225 McClellan Road, Nepean, Ontario K2H 8N5
A full job description can be downloaded below (PDF).
|NAME||DESCRIPTION||TYPE OF FILE|
|Summer Internship (Canada Summer Jobs)||Employment Notices||Download|