Arlington Woods Church & Trend-Arlington Community Association
BIKE RODEO 2018
Saturday, May 5th, 11am-3pm at Arlington Woods Church (225 McClellan Road)
Our 8th annual Bike Rodeo has grown to become one of the "don't miss" events in our community! This fun, outdoor, family event is held at Arlington Woods Church! There are no admission prices. All activities are free with the exception of the BBQ and Bake sale where EVERY DOLLAR goes to support a community need or organization (This year, we're raising funds for Knoxdale Public School's playground building project! See below!) Spread the word in the community! It's going to be a blast! Kids, bring your bikes!
If you would be interested in volunteering at this great community event, please contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've had a little bit of experience with rain in the past. :) If the weather forecast calls for a lot of rain, we'll transform the event into an indoor fun fair. In 2017, due to rain, we weren't able to have a bike road course or the bike check-ups outside, but inside we had the bouncy castle and HUGE inflatable obstacle course, we had a lounge for people to enjoy the BBQ while watching family movies, we gave away two kids bikes with helmets, we had face painting, the family photo booth, a craft and activity table, LEGO tables, and all of our emergency responders were here with their vehicles! Needless to say, if it rains, this event is still going to be stellar!
This year's Bike Rodeo will feature:
(Stay tuned! We'll be adding more features as we get closer to the event date!)
- Bouncy castle
- A huge inflatable obstacle course
- Step inside emergency vehicles (police car, ambulance, fire engine). Fire engine is scheduled to be here from 1-2pm (provided no emergencies take place).
- Bike obstacle/road course for kids put on by Trend-Arlington Community Association (TACA)
- Bike and road safety education with Ottawa Police and Safer Roads Ottawa
- Awesome giveaways (including two bikes with helmets)
- Free Family Photo Booth (pose with fun props!)
- Councillor Keith Egli & his team will be giving out swag
- Face-painting booth
- FREE Popcorn booth
- CHRI 99.1 Family Radio on site
- Helmet fitting and bike check-ups (Adjust height of bike for kids, air pressure, install free bells (while quantities last)
- Bike decorating station (crafts and washable paint for bikes) run by Trend-Arlington Community Association (TACA)
- 'Mike's Bikes' display featuring unusual customized bicycles of all shapes and sizes for kids to marvel at!
- Fundraiser BBQ and Bake Sale to support Knoxdale Public School's playground project
- Knoxdale Public School information table with details about their playground project
About this year's fundraiser:
This year, we are pleased to partner with Knoxdale Public School as they are fundraising to build a new playground at the front of the school. Every dollar that comes in either by donation or through food purchases on the day of the event will go to support this project! Knoxdale has been actively fundraising for this project over the last four years and is hoping to build this summer! The goal is to rejuvenate the yard, build an outdoor classroom area for a more naturalized learning environment, build a new play structure, and ensure that it's all accessible. The yard isn't just for Knoxdale students, but is open to the community during after-school hours and in the summer. They have currently raised just over 80% of their goal, so we're excited to be able to help them cross the finish line through this year's Bike Rodeo. For ongoing updates, you can visit The Eagle's Nest- Knoxdale Playground Project.
Our Bike Giveaways:
At the event, kids can enter to win one of the two bikes (pictured above) with helmets. One is a 16" bike (approx ages 4-6). The other is a 20" bike (approx ages 6-10). You can enter your child for the bike size that works for them. No bike exchanges can be made. The bike they enter for is the bike they have a chance to take home! Each bike includes a helmet that can be exchanged if it's not the correct fit.