The weather forecast isn't looking good for outside fun, so if it's raining, we're still going to have lots of family fun indoors at Arlington Woods- it'll be more like a FUN FAIR! The parking lot can be used to park your cars. We're going to have the GIANT inflatable obstacle course and bouncy castle INSIDE! Yes, that's right- INSIDE! We're still going to be having our BBQ and bake sale to raise $$ for families in need through our two local schools- so join us for lunch! There will be face painting, lego activity tables, FREE popcorn, Disney movies playing on the big screen, and our family photo booth! Oh, AND we're STILL going to be giving away TWO NEW BIKES (see below!). It's going to be the perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon with your kids!
Fun for adults too! Take a photo of the event or of your kids at the Bike Rodeo and share it on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #BIKERODEO2017 and your name will be automatically entered into a draw for a $50 gift certificate from our friends at Stoneface Dolly's on Preston St. (One entry per person. One winner randomly chosen on Sunday, May 7th)
Arlington Woods Church & Trend-Arlington Community Association
BIKE RODEO 2017
Saturday, May 6th, 11am-3pm at Arlington Woods Church (225 McClellan Road)
Our 7th annual Bike Rodeo has grown to become one of the "don't miss" events in our community! This fun, outdoor, family event is held at Arlington Woods Church! There are no admission prices. All activities are free with the exception of the BBQ, Bake and Craft sales, every dollar of which goes to support families in need in our community through our two local schools. (See below for more details). Spread the word in the community! It's going to be a blast! Kids, bring your bikes!
If you would be interested in volunteering at this great community event, please contact Ben at email@example.com.
This year's Bike Rodeo will feature:
- Bouncy castle
- A huge inflatable obstacle course
- Step inside emergency vehicles (police car, ambulance, fire engine from 1-2pm)
- Bike obstacle/road course for kids put on by Trend-Arlington Community Association (TACA)
- Bike and road safety education with Ottawa Police and Safer Roads Ottawa
- Awesome giveaways (including two bikes with helmets through Canadian Tire-Jump Start (see below)
- Free Family Photo Booth (pose with fun props!)
- Councillor Keith Egli & his team will be giving out swag
- Tree Ottawa/Ecology Ottawa will be there to give out FREE trees to homeowners as part of Canada's 150th anniversary celebration.
- Face-painting booth
- FREE Popcorn booth
- CHRI 99.1 Family Radio on site
- Helmet fitting and bike check-ups (Adjust height of bike for kids, air pressure, install free bells (while quantities last)
- Bike decorating station (crafts and washable paint for bikes) run by Trend-Arlington Community Association (TACA)
- 'Mike's Bikes' display featuring unusual customized bicycles of all shapes and sizes for kids to marvel at!
- Meet and chat with Principals, Andrea Williams (Knoxdale Public School) and Dennis Paré (Greenbank Middle School)
- Fundraiser BBQ, Bake and Craft Sales
About this year's fundraiser:
This year, we are once again raising money through our BBQ, Bake, and Craft Sales to provide for families in need through our two local schools (Knoxdale Public and Greenbank Middle). Every dollar that comes in will be put in a "benevolence fund" entrusted to our two local Principals (Andrea Williams and Dennis Paré will be at the Bike Rodeo again this year). As our Principals encounter students or families with needs (clothing, food) in their schools throughout the year, they will be able to draw from this fund in order to help meet those needs. (Note: When Greenbank Middle School students transfer to Sir Robert Borden High School next year (fall of 2017), the money will follow the students and be entrusted to that Principal). Last year (2016), we raised $2562.95 to provide for families in need through our schools. Principal Dennis Paré (Greenbank Middle School) says, "We've been using the money to support families who are struggling with day to day expenses. We gave a gift card for groceries to a mom right before the Christmas break. Her tears of joy and gratitude made us want to empty our own wallets for her! As principals, supporting our families has been such a wonderful experience."
Our Bike Giveaways:
At the event, kids can enter to win one of two bikes with helmets (one child size 16" and one junior size 20") generously donated by our friends at Canadian Tire- Jump Start. You can enter your child for the bike size that works for them. No exchanges can be made. The bike they enter for is the bike they have a chance to take home! The pictures of the bikes we're giving away this year are below!